The commercial trust business is one area that the Firm has specialized in for many years, particularly consulting for financial institutions and an industry organization of trust banks and trust companies .
A wide range of trust products have been created for corporate and individual customers of trust banks, to deal with situations such as the rapidly aging society. Applying our broad knowledge on trusts (in both civil-law and common-law jurisdictions), the Firm has engaged in arranging new products for many years. Our member, Naoshige Nakada, served lecturer several times at Trust Companies Association of Japan, an industry organization of trust bank and trust companies and also is outside counsel of this Association.
- "Commercial Trusts in Preparation for Incapacity – in Comparison with Legal Guardianship, Voluntary Guardianship and Family Trusts", Kinyu Homu Jijo (Financial Law Journal), No. 2125 (2019)
- "Legal Issues on Trusts as a Will Substitute", Kinyu Homu Jijo (Financial Law Journal), No.2074 (2017)
- "Duty of Directed Trustees – AIJ Cases and thereafter", Jurist, No. 1520 (June, 2018)
- "Trusts Used for Succession of Family-Owned Businesses", Jurist, No. 1450 (2013)
- Chapter 21 (Right to Give Directions and Trust) of "PROSPECT OF TRUST LEGISLATION," Edited by Makoto Arai, Hideki Kanda, and Atsushi Kinami (Co-authored, Nippon Hyoronsha, 2011)
- "Trustee's Responsibilities in Directed Trusts－Can we legally separate responsibilities of trustees andother kinds of fiduciaries?", Kinyu Homu Jijo (Financial Law Journal), No. 1859-1860 (2012)